ewe spinster

A chemist's journey thru the land of fiber.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

yarn harlot visits eugene !

Tonight was Stephanie's book signing at Books Without Borders at the Strand.



Our little guild has been waiting for this for months. As soon as we saw the tour dates posted on the Yarn Harlot blog, we knew we had to go......And a couple of months later, fyberduck picked up tickets at BWOB for 4 of us!!! I was the lucky recipient of ticket #30!!

Stephanie gave a really humorous talk, and highlighted many of the topics in her newest book, Knitting Rules. She told so many funny jokes, and really brightened our evening; makes me wonder if she was born to be a stand-up comedian of sorts :)



We enjoyed pizza, beverages, and knitting (of course) during her talk, and the following question and answer period was pretty humorous.....The time passed so quickly......

Following her presentation, Stephanie moved to the back of the building to sign books....because we were sitting in the front row, we were practically the last people in line.....but when you're a knitter, and you've only finished 6 repeats of your fluorescent pink snowdrop shawl, you're never dissapointed by a long line ;)






While waiting, I found a sign that practically spelled out "knitters were here", a few bits of 'knitters scat' (as I like to call it) were strewn about the floor.....Another sign that knitters are near (Steph, you should add this one to your next book.....I always look for stray fibers on people's clothing, and bits and fiber and such, and I know a fiber artist when I see one :)







Strangely, the line was partitioned by a 'no alcohol beyond this point' type sign and velvet ropes. I insisted that we take a group photo while we waited....





I also snapped these shots of the adorable ducky that fyberduck gave to Steph. I just love the baby snowdrop shawl (fyberduck knitted it with size zeros and she spun the teeny cashmere yarn - not sure if by drop-spindle or charka). I am continually amazed by fyberduck's creativity, generosity, and skills at fiber arts!



Once we finally got up to the signing area, fyberduck went first....Stephanie totally remembered fyberduck, and loved the little ducky!



I got to go next, and a nice gal snapped these shots for us!

M and I showed Stephanie our snowdrop shawls (in progress); mine had it's signature Spongebob Squarepants stitch markers.....


Here I am showing my shawl with pride....


Laughing it up.....I brought in the Eugene Public Library's copy of Stephanie's first book, and I was convinced that if she signed it, the book would inspire a whole new generation of Eugene knitters (fingers crossed)



Miriam went next (cute hat, huh?):
0


Group Photo!

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM PDT, Blogger Fiber Follies said...

Didja see it? Stephanie blogged you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home