ewe spinster

A chemist's journey thru the land of fiber.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

One Skein Swap: Third Package

The Final Package for the One Skein swap arrived today, and I was so excited to see what CrochetCrazy (Mary) had sent to me!

For the month of August, we were each supposed to send our partners a small gift made from one skein of yarn. CrochetCrazy had been so excited about the task, that I think she croched my gift in July ;)

When I opened the box, the gift was wrapped with care (in a pretty gift bag with matching tissue, how adorable):

And look what I found inside!

I just love the croched purse...I wish I could crochet like that....but the picture doesn't do it justice....The purse is in a lovely fall palette, and CrochetCrazy somehow embroidered those beautiful flowers by hand! I don't know how she did it....at first I was convinced that she had applied a store-bought embellishment, but upon closer inspection I could see that the flowers were all done by hand! And the different crochet techniques for the handle and the body were very impressive! I'm not sure how many years CrochetCrazy has been crocheting, but she's really mastered the technique. In her letter, CrochetCrazy revealed that she came up with the pattern too!
I can't wait to start digging into the Harry Potter book too! I'm sure it will come in handy when the next book is published. I started looking at the book, and it's amazing to learn the historical significance of the names and symbols in the series.

Check out this close-up shot of the embroidery:



Even Chompy loves the purse (normally she's afraid of anything new):


Mary,
Thanks for being an excellent swap partner. You made my first swap a memorable experience, and I can't wait to participate in the handspun swap this fall!
You are a very caring and generous person, and I am glad to have had the chance to get to know you!