ewe spinster

A chemist's journey thru the land of fiber.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

One Skein Secret Secret Pal Exchange

I thought you'd like to see the gifts I've been sending to my One Skein Secret Pal (R.E.E. Hare). I've copied posts from her blog:

August Package:

My last One Skein SP gift arrived several days ago. It’s absolutely delightful. I’m tickled over my SP-she’s a treat. Now I have a real name, and hilariously she’s not based in Colorado as I’d gathered by the return labels on her packages. She’s in Oregon! Ha! Had me fooled.

Anyway, have a look:





Now I’m trying to figure the best way to show off my clutch. Isn’t it fine? Since I haul knitting everywhere, I think I’d show it off best if I pack a credit card, a fin, and a few SIPs. It should easily hold two socks so I can have variety. Don’t need anything else.

I just happen to have a ton of social correspondence to catch up on, so the note cards are ideally timed. And they look like something I’d select myself. Eerie how Emily seems to know just how I think.

And the yarn. Oh the gorgeous yarn. I’ve got plans for this baby…

THANK YOU, EMILY!


July Package:

Now for cool stuff.I received the second package from my upstream SP in the One Skein SP round. What a treat! Just look.







Ewe_spinster had the tin neatly done up, with a tag reading “Felted Bowl Kit”. Also in my package are a wonderful hand-written note, naturally a cat is featured with a remarkably true statement about cats. And look at these note cards! See? She’s a knitter! Too, too fine. I cut & pasted the note card to put it all into one spot. Clearly I am unable to match colours or take a level picture. (Yes, I blanked out my name, just to keep folks guessing. I love Photoshop). Look at this loveliness. My SP really paid attention to the questionnaire-green Lite Lopi-if I could be any colour, I’d be green. And, because of that questionnaire, ewe_spinster included a rainbow’s worth of bright bits of roving, since I’d stated my inattention to broader use of colours. Lookee here, at the bottom: a felting needle! I can tuck the roving in here and about with impunity!!!

Thank you, ewe_spinster! You are a dream SP!


June Package:

The One Skein Secret Pal is a riot!

Can you tell I got my first package from upstream today?

I’ve never done a SP before, and this seemed a nice way to see what it’s like. Boy, am I glad I did.

I’d found a great yarn for my downstream, and sent it off the other day. I hope she likes it as much as me. It’s Noro Sumile Multi, unfortunately now discontinued. But it sure is pretty, and the discount too good to pass up. I really wanted to keep it.

And today, while I’m embroiled in the Mistaken Corporate Identity problem, I get a package in the mail.

Look at this:



See how everything is neatly protected in poly bags? This is a person who cares. I smiled over the yarn-my favourite colour, green, with lots of flecks and streaks of brightness-reminds me of my gardens and lawns, and very soft, too. I was puzzled over the square.




Then read the note card she’d tucked into the box. This charming person had knitted a square for SSK!’s charity knit-due this coming Tuesday. Wonderful, and a person with a kind heart.

Of course I flipped the square over to the bumpy side after removing it from its bag, but it’s a good-looking knit on both sides.

Thank you, Ewe Spinster!



An email from R.E.E. Hare:
Emily, I just don't know where to begin!

I guess THANK YOU is a good start. :)

OMG, what a package-it's like Christmas morning, and it arrived when I was in a deep grey funk over uncontrollable events. Man do I ever feel better. I'm having a ball with everything.

The clutch is gorgeous-it's soft as can be and so very much my colours. You dyed the yarn used-did you spin it too? I'm learning to spin from a one-armed man! Ain't it great? I hope to make fine yarns someday. He's teaching me to dye rovings too.

The note cards-I never can have enough, I pop out notes to all and sundry and am known for the cards I write on! How'd you know?

Oh, the yarn. The yarn. I'm in a tizzy now, with all this lovely new yarn, so many ideas in mind and just can't get enough of fondling it.

I am one spoiled rotten downstream and loving EVERY BIT of it!

Bless you, dear, you're a gas.

I enjoyed reading your blog-you're a vivacious lady who makes me want to be young again-you have off-the-cuff fun like I always did. Still do, sometimes.

I'm about to start knitting up a bunch of new projects, and all the YARNS you sent will be so nice in some of them. I ain't sharing them, either.

You were immensely clever to disguise your mailing address. Had me entirely fooled.

I am updating my blog as soon as I can-managed to get bogged in my latest wild idea of installing a second hdd solely for a second OS, and am still trying to get things right-mainly getting the internets to work on the other OS. sigh. I'll give a day to normal work tomorrow and maybe tomorrow night I can make the Thank You entry. I'll add your blog to the bloglist too. If that's okay. I think folks would enjoy it as much as me.

Oh, I just can't say it enough, Emily--

THANK YOU!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM PDT, Blogger Sara M said...

aawww, it's so good that you're appreciated. see you this afternoon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home