ewe spinster

A chemist's journey thru the land of fiber.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

early birthday present

Tonight I thought that I was headed to Burrito Boy for a quick bite before weaving class, but I didn't have any idea of what was in store for fyberduck and I.....
When exiting the parking lot of the restaurant, we felt a little bump, and then heard a strange noise like plastic scraping on the ground.

I pulled over a few yards down Franlin Blvd. in the parking lot of the 7Eleven, and this is what we saw:


Upon closer inspection, we found the scrapnel lodged in the tire....a piece of metal which was about 1.5 inches by 3 inches:


Sigh.....
So I opened up the trunk to get the spare......and all I had was a spare.....no jack.....no tire iron....

So Chris and Jerry came to our rescue, and after about an hour of waiting and hoping, we drove off to weaving!

Weaving class went well, however nobody finished their project :(
So Fyberduck and I will have to return in September (the Craft Center is not really open again until September 18th).
And at weaving Fyberduck gave me the best birthday present ever (pics tomorrow)!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM PDT, Blogger Sara M said...

awww, I did? really?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home