ewe spinster

A chemist's journey thru the land of fiber.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Sunday

I had a very busy weekend. On Saturday, a group of us met at the UO Craft Center for a dyeing workshop.

I did some practice dyelots, to try to achieve the perfect color for my knitting Olympics sweater project, Rogue.

Asher, Devona, and Gail worked on some other dyeing that they needed to get done, and here’s a look at the finished product.

On Sunday,

I set out to dye the yarn for the Rogue sweater.

I wanted to get a dark, woodsy, sort of tealish thing, well you’ll see.

First, I couldn’t find a pot large enough to dye 2 pounds of yarn. I searched high and low, and finally found this old yellow pressure cooker at a thrift shop.

The pressure cooker worked just great, and was the perfect size for two pounds of wool.

After I finished dyeing, I headed off to a Superbowl party at my friend Jeff’s.
While watching the game, I nearly finished my First Sweater:


Post a Comment

<< Home